About the Pokémon Trading Card Game
Illustration Contest 2022
Hosted by Creatures Inc., the Pokémon Card Game Illustration Grand Prix contest was held in Japan in 2019 and 2020, during which many beautiful illustrations were submitted and many talented artists were discovered. This year, the contest will be open to applicants from two countries, Japan and the United States, and centered around the theme of drawing a moment in a Pokémon’s daily life.
We look forward to seeing your exciting and wonderful illustrations.
October 13, 2021 (8 p.m. PT) – January 31, 2022 (6:59 a.m. PT)
One (1) Grand Prize Winner from either Japan or the United States will receive a cash value of $5,000.
AND the winner’s illustration will be made into a promo card.
(Japan / United States)
Two (2) total First Runners-Up, one (1) from Japan and one (1) from the United States, will receive a cash value of $3,000.
AND each runner-up’s illustration will be made into a promo card.
Two (2) Second Runners-Up from either Japan or the United States will receive a cash value of $1,000.
Fifteen (15) Judges’ Award Winners from either Japan or the United States will receive a cash value of $500.
Theme of Contest
“The Daily Life of Pokémon”
Draw an illustration that captures the Pokémon going about its day, or an illustration that shows the Pokémon going about its day while adventuring or enjoying a moment in its daily life.
- Follow the theme and draw not only the Pokémon but also the background.
- Do not use alphanumeric text or text expressions in the background.
- Winners may be asked to resubmit their data to optimize printing quality for promo card print requirements.
- In principle, you should only draw one Pokémon per illustration so that it is easy to tell which Pokémon is the subject of a particular card. However, as long as it is clear who the main subject is, you may also draw additional Pokémon.
- Size: 1080 pixels wide x 680 pixels high
- File Format: JPEG, PNG（RGB）
- File Size: must be 3 MB or under
Eligibility (Only those who meet the following qualifications may apply)
- Must be living in Japan or the United States at the time of entry.
- Eligible to work in the country where they reside.
- Legal residence (including permanent residents) of Japan or the United States and of legal age in the country where they reside.
How to Enter
- Tsunekazu IshiharaThe Pokémon Company, President
- Hirokazu TanakaCreatures Inc., President
- Kenji OkuboThe Pokémon Company International, President
- Yuji KitanoCreatures Inc., Senior Executive Director
- Atsuko UjiieCreatures Inc., Executive Director, CG Studio Art Director
- Satoru NagayaCreatures Inc., Art Director
- Kouki SaitouPokémon TCG Official Illustrator
- Tomokazu KomiyaPokémon TCG Official Illustrator
- AKIRA EGAWAPokémon TCG Official Illustrator
Interpretation and clarity of theme (40％)
Creativity and originality of the depicted theme (30％)
Overall design (30％)
Appropriate content that conforms to Pokémon brand
For questions in English, submit a request to Pokémon Support
Entry form will be available once submission period begins.